VISA INFORMATION SECTION
Address: 184-186 Orwell Road, Rathgar, Dublin 14
Tel: +353-1-492 20 48;
Fax: +353-1- 492 69 38
Opening hours of the Consulate:
9.00 a.m. - 11.45.
General opening hours: Monday - Friday (except Saturday and Sunday, Russian National Holidays)
Depending on the purpose of visit the following documents should be submitted by an applicant either in person, or by a courier, or by post (along with a self-addressed envelope to send out the processed documents back to the applicant) to the Consular Section of the Russian Embassy in Dublin for further consideration and processing:
1. International passport recognized by the Russian Federation with at least two blank pages for visas. The passport should be valid for at least six months after visa expiry date. If you do not have blank pages which visa can be affixed to, a new passport must be obtained before submitting your application. The passport should not cause doubts about the authenticity and belonging to the owner, contain marks, reservations, records, erasures and corrections which are not certified by the competent authorities of the foreign state, torn or embroidered pages.
2. Properly and fully completed electronic visa application form http://visa.kdmid.ru (one per person), printed out, and signed by an applicant only. The answers to the questions of the questionnaire must be comprehensive. A hard copy of the electronic visa application form should contain a unique track-number on its top. There should be no corrections made by hand in the hard copy.
3. One recent passport size photo of an applicant with an applicant’s name written on the reverse side should be attached to the form by a paper clip.
4. Visa supporting documents (depending on the purpose of visit):
- Business, Humanitarian, Student and Work visas: an official Invitation issued by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by an appropriate local branch of the Russian Federal Service.
For a multiple entry visa an invitation is required to be submitted in the original; for single and double entry visas copies of invitations in particular cases may be accepted. The Consular Section officer may still ask you to present the original invitation.
- Tourist visas: a standard «tourist confirmation» and a «tourist voucher» issued by a host Russian Travel Agency or Hotel registered at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The documents must contain an applicant's name, passport number, dates and points of arrival and departure, cities to be visited, agency's reference (or registration number) officially provided by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The stamp and all the details should be clearly readable. Note that a hotel booking only is not sufficient for
a visa application.
Applicants going for auto tourism should also enclose the Registration Certificate of the vehicle they intend to travel by and a covering letter with the details of the journey, the itinerary and the names of the accompanying persons.
Tourists on board of large cruise Ships have the right to stay in the Russian Federation without a visa for up to 72 hours. They may leave the ship and come back on board only as part of an organized tourist group. Tourists who wish to leave the ship on their own must have a visa which may be granted on presenting tourist confirmation and tourist voucher mentioned above.
- Private visas: an official letter of invitation (in the original only), issued by an appropriate local branch of the Russian Federal Migration Service.
- Transit visas: valid tickets for entry and exit from the Russian Federation or guarantees of their purchases in the Russian Federation, a valid visa to the country you want to enter after leaving Russia (if required by that country) or passport of that state.
A Transit Visa is not required if you remain in the transit zone of the airport in order to catch an onward or connecting flight within 24 hours of arrival. Transit visas are normally valid for maximum of 3 days if travelling by air and 10 days if travelling by train.
Passengers travelling to/from Belarus and Kazakhstan via the Russian Federation need to obtain the transit Russian visa irrespectively of their length of stay in Russia.
5. Travel insurance policy that is valid in Russia for the whole period of the journey (details of the policy including the policy number, dates of validity, etc. must be stated in the visa application form).
6. Appropriate payment (in EURO only). The Consular Section accepts only Postal Money Orders, Bank Drafts or Company cheques (not personal). The fee is charged to review the documents and, in case of refusal, is not refundable.
Visa fees applied to
IRISH CITIZENS ONLY
(all Irish passport holders regardless of their residence)
Single entry Visa
Double entry Visa
Multiple entry Visa
|within 3 working days||100||140||235|
|within 4-20 working days||60||100||170|
Visa fees applied to
BRITISH CITIZENS ONLY
(those who are resident in Ireland)
|Processing period||Single entry Visa||Double entry Visa||Multiple Entry Visa|
|study, private, humanitarian, tourist||business, employment||study, private, humanitarian, tourist||business, employment|
3 working days
4-20 working days
Visa fees applied to
NATIONALS OF EU COUNTRIES – SIGNATORIES OF THE “RUSSIA - EU VISA FACILITATION AGREEMENT” ONLY (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden)
|Processing period |
|All types of Visa|
|within 3 working days||70|
|within 4-20 working days||35|
Fees for other nationals may vary. If necessary, please, refer to an Embassy’s officer in charge through (01) 492 2048 (working hours: Monday-Thursday - 8.00-12.00 noon, 13.30-18.00, Friday - 8.00-14.00). Rates of fees are subject to periodic change.
7. Nationals of EEA (other than Ireland), and non-EEA countries have to apply for a Russian visa at a Russian consulate accredited in the country of their citizenship. Those nationals (other than Ireland) who are legal residents in Ireland have to present to the Consulate any proof of permanent/long term residency (either certificate with name and address issued by Garda Siochana, or certificate issued by the Irish Immigration Authority, or letter of Employer or Educational Institution, or corresponding stamps by the Immigration Authorities in the passport, or GNIB registration certificate, or Irish Driving License, or Utility bills, or Bank Statement).
In some cases the Consulate may request additional documents or data. An applicant can also be invited to the Consulate in person to conduct an individual interview to discuss the details of the paperwork presented or planned trip to Russia.
Passports or other documents can be collected in person upon presenting the original receipt to a consular officer, or by a third party on behalf of the applicant with the written authorization.
There is no queue procedure for passport collection.
Each application requires a new on-line completed visa application form. Previously completed application forms which have already been processed are invalid.
Consideration of the visa application may be started upon the submission by the applicant or his legal representative the complete set of the documents. The absence of any of the documents is grounds for refusal to consider and return of the documents.
OTHER NOTES AND REQUIREMENTS
All prices are specified in Euro only.
Visas cannot be swapped or extended. If your travel plans has been changed after the visa issuing, you have to re-apply for a new visa. Also a new visa fee is to be paid by the applicant.
Visa processing commences only after all necessary and proper documents have been presented by an applicant and accepted by a consular officer. Incomplete set of documents may lead to refusal of visa processing, or documents may be returned to an applicant undone.
Visa fee is not refundable
“3 working days processing” is only available if the Consulate is not overloaded with applications. The faster processing is available at the Consulate’s discretion only.
You must properly double check your visa details (passport number, date of birth, dates of entry and departure, surname and name etc.) upon collection of your passport in order the Consulate could make necessary corrections.
If you want your passport with visa to be returned to you by post, you must enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
It is strongly recommended not to book or purchase flight tickets until the Consulate has confirmed that your visa application would be appropriately processed on time.
The Russian Embassy in Ireland is not responsible for providing parking area outside the premises.